TEL：+86 379 65155558
UHMW PE Dredging Pipeline
1. What is UHMW PE Dredging Pipeline ?
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) is a new kind of engineering thermoplastics with more than 3 million viscosity-average molecular weight.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene pipe has superior performance over conventional HDPE pipe such as :
1) very high wear resistance, impact resistance,
2) excellent resistance to internal pressure strength,
3) resistance to environmental stress cracking,
4) intrinsically self-lubricating, anti-adhesion,
5) low temperature resistance and excellent chemical resistance.
2.Applications of UHMW PE pipe :
Engineered for maximum durability, long wear life and low energy consumption,UHMW PE pipes serve a wide range of slurry transport applications.
Typical Applications: Hot & Cold Slurries, Paste Backfill applications, Liquids, Hot & Cold Acids and Bases, Gas, Desalination, Dredging, Industrial Waste transportation, Hot & Cold Water transportation.
Service Conditions: +80 degrees, -269 degrees
3. Advantages of UHMW PE Pipe in Dredging Project :
Dredging pipeline is the key of any successful dredging project.
Quality dredge pipes do far more than simple conveyance.
The pipeline also help with the dredging activity itself.
(1) UHMW PE Pipe with highly wear resistant.The flow rate of UHMW PE Dredging Pipe is more than 4 times that of steel pipe. i.e.working life of UHMW PE Pipe is 4 times longer than that of steel pipe, which reduce times of changing pipes during the project and reduce maintenance cost.
(2) With high internal smoothness, UHMW PE can help reduce 20% energy consumption.
(3) UHMW PE Dredge Pipe is light in weight (with weight 1/8 of steel) and flexible which reduce installation cost.
4.Connecting UHMW PE Dredging Pipes with Flared Ends and Flanges
The ends of UHMW PE Pipe is heated, then flared by a proprietary process, which is carried out in producer's factory.
The final pipe end is similar to a stub end .
The loose slip on flange is usually mounted over the pipe before flaring process.
When connecting two flared ends with flanges together, no gasket is needed. Fastening by bolts and nuts will be ok.
The flared end connection with flangs is suitable for both hot and cold area.
6.Quick and Easy Installation of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Pipe
I).High Efficiency of Installation
Traditional wear resistant steel pipe is easy to corrosion, heavy in weight, and diffcult to unload. However, UHMW PE wear resistant pipe is light in weight, flexible, easy to load and unload, transport, install and operate which greatly save transportation and installation cost .
2). Convenient and Quick Installation
UHMW PE Pipe is connected by flanges and fastened by bolts and nuts.It has merits of
quick connection, easy to dismantle, high strength, good tightness, etc.
There is no need to do corrosion proof and rare trouble spots in the pipeline.
It saves a lot of installation and maintenance cost and increases benefits.
3).Low Maintenance Cost
With extraordinary wear resistance, UHMW PE pipe has longer life than traditional steel pipe which effectively reduces times of rollover of pipelines, prolongs working life of pipeline and lowers construction cost of the project.
UHMW PE Pipe is adhesive resistant and difficult to scale which avoids acid cleaning used in steel pipe.
UHMW PE Pipe is corrosion resistant which avoids corrosion proof work during the project.
7.Sizes of UHMW PE Pipeline
1)The nominal diameter of the UHMW PE pipes is from 65mm to 800mm.
2)The wall thickness if from 8mm to 38mm usually.
3)The nominal pressure rating of UHMW PE pipes is from 0.6 MPa to 2.0 MPa.
4)Nominal pressure rating of UHMWPE composite steel pipe can reach 6.4 MPa.